Posted on June 17th, 2009 in List Building, Opt In Lists |
If you are looking for something to do over the internet, which is also going to fetch you a decent amount of money, then building free opt in email mailing lists might just be the thing for you. The following are some guidelines which might prove useful once you actually decide to pursue this job.
1) You must be a frequent visitor in relevant online forums if you want to build such lists. These forums will give you a rough idea about the kind of goods, which might interest people. Once you have that part figured out, you might just mail certain interested people with the relevant product information, with permission. Getting permission is rather important as unwanted mails are no different from plain spam.
2) There are various websites which might help you build free opt in email mailing lists. However, different sites are bound to have different takes on the subject. And of course, there might be logical reason behind every suggestion. The following paragraphs will give you even more of a rough idea about some of the most popular list building tips in the market.
3) A website is undoubtedly very important, but make sure that it is relevant to your chosen field or sub-field. This gives more of a professional edge to things, and the site provides you with invaluable e-mail addresses of the interested people.
4) After setting up the website, you need to make sure that there is a large link on your homepage which will enable interested people to provide you with their e-mail addresses. Do not make this link small or obscure. It is possibly one of the most important parts of your website and needs to be well-displayed.
5) The sign up box might be designed in numerous ways. But the shortest method is generally the best method. So do not clutter the space. Just a few bullet points and a blank field for name and e-mail id should suffice.
6) Your strengths need to be advertised. Make sure that you draw up a list of advantages that people will get if they deal with you. Also, ensure that this precise list reaches all relevant people. Highlight free gifts, if that is part of your offer.
7) The link to the sign up sheet needs to be in every nook and corner of your website. Every page of your website needs to have this link displayed prominently so that interested people have the least problem in signing up. You might also program your website such that a pop up box opens immediately as one opens a certain page.
This pop-up box, however, is bound to annoy a certain part of the population. Therefore, it is advisable to install this experimentally and see how well it goes down with your interested customers. If the strategy backfires, you can always remove it later.
A website is a sureshot way of building free opt in email mailing lists. It provides you with numerous opportunities that you wouldn’t have earlier. Just build this type of site and see how your list building flourishes.